My hunt for the best gelato in Europe. On the way there should be interesting people, places, and my studies, of course.

10 April 2008

One last night/day in Matera

Not much to say about this day, most of it I spent sketching, and reading- school stuff, what a concept. I mixed up some photos though, so this first one is from the night after climbing the mountains (4.9.08)
Out at dinner at "The Orient Express" Oddly enough, they did not serve any chinese food. It was all pastas and seafood. I ordered a salad. Thank goodness, because evryone else got spaghetti scampi, and the shrimp were literally plucked from the ocean, put it a pot, and then thrown on the plate. Claws and all.

Our hotel room in Matera. A room carved into the Sassi hills. Very cool.

Other side of the room

One last view of Sassi during the day.

No comments: