My hunt for the best gelato in Europe. On the way there should be interesting people, places, and my studies, of course.

31 March 2008

Hills, Gelato and Condoms

Ok, so after the death of my laptop, I frantically emailed my roommate, Kim and was able to get her, in conjunction with my mom, to get a package expressed to Ascoli Piceno, at my hotel, with all the discs I needed to do a complete system restore and re-download all of my major programs back onto my computer. No pictures were lost, they were all (thank goodness) on my flash drive, and not my hard drive. Anyway, so after that, we hit the road, and started traveling through the south of Italy, and we lost all hopes of an internet connection, so the blog hasn't been updated (obviously). So, two days ago, we reached Rome, our final destination for the trip, and I have unlimited, undying internet connection, a working laptop, and my sanity. Now I can update you on the past 3 weeks, sorry it will be quite a few entries!
This is one of the major hills of Ascoli Piceno that we went up everyday to get to the school of architecture. My calves are killer right now. Chuck Norris, I am your new competition.

That same hill, a view from the top...or somewhere near the top, I don't remember, it might have kept going.


In the Piazza del Popolo, the main square of town, we would often eat gelato and people watch. Here is a old guy riding a bike, quaint, really.

Maiko, one of my team partners for our Ascoli Piceno project, we were regulars at the gelato shop in this tiny little ally off of Piazza del Popolo. The old woman who ran the shop thought we were insane for getting gelato so often in the 50/60 degree weather.

My (American) project partners, Nick and Maiko. We stopped at this strange dispensing machine on the street to find that is was a condom dispenser. Italians are very interesting...

No comments: