My hunt for the best gelato in Europe. On the way there should be interesting people, places, and my studies, of course.

21 March 2008

Versaille and the Louvre

Paris Day 4:

All packed up and ready to leave the coolest youth hostel in Paris, this is me hiding behind my giant backpack.


Our beds! (super new and comfy)


The internet lounge, where I spent almost every night.


After we left our hostel, we jumped on a train to Versialle for the first half of our day. This is the Chapel at Versaille


Every room in the palace has elaborate ceilings and decorum upthe wazoo. This is just an example, there are about 100 + more pictures, but they get repetitive after a while, so I won't bore you with them here.


Due to the horrible winds that day, they closed the gardens to the public, but here is a small view out of one of the palace windows.


The famous hall of mirrors at Versaille


Wish I was outside...


This is the bed that Marie-Antoinette slept in, and the door to the left is the door she escaped out of during the rioting crowd in 1789. The room is the Queens chamber and nineteen royal children of France were born here.

Taking silly pictures in the gigantic mirrors inthe palace...

Then back on the train to central Paris to visit the Louvre!

Venus de Milo (Aphrodite)


A Sphinx


Ancient Egypt is awesome.


The central courtyard of the Louvre at sunset


I felt so small next to some of these artifacts


The Mona Lisa! She is on a wall all by herself and covered in layers of bullet proof glass, with multiple guards in the area.


The crown jewels of France! (Some of them...I have other pics somewhere) These stone were HUGE!

L'Metro, got us around Paris very well, including to the shady-est hotel in Paris...for the next two days.

No comments: