My hunt for the best gelato in Europe. On the way there should be interesting people, places, and my studies, of course.

18 March 2008

Paris Alone

Bonjour from Paris! Here is my trip thus far:
last meal in America! A Charley's turkey melt at the airport in Columbus.

The Chicago Airport, where I caught my plane to Paris


Airline food! I haven't seen this in years- yes, it is still fairly horrible.

Sunrise over Europe from the plane.


The river (canal) that my Hostel is located on (yes, on)

Parc de la Villette, a short walk from the Hostel, I decided to check it out because i had about 4 hours before I was allowed to check in


Parc de la Villette is made of a grid of Folleys. In this case, large steel structural/ sculptural objects. It was fun to see some of them. I might go back tomorrow to roam the park some more.


Parc de la Villette!


So, there is a sculpture of pieces of a giant bike protruding from the ground, whimsical!


At night, I found a friend in the Hostel (Caitlin from Kentucky), and we took the Metro to the heart of Paris and went to the Arc de Triomphe, and got there just in time before they closed. These are the stairs to the top.

View from the top of Arc de Triomphe


View of Avenue des Champs-Elyses


Eiffel Tower! It lights up about once an hour, and we got the chance to see it!


Arc de Triomphe, from the ground


Beautiful night sky in Paris by the Arc de Triomphe


Im attempting to push the building...I think it is working!


l'McDonalds! Le Happy Meal, s'il vous plait?


Cool store with a futurisitc looking concept car


Champs- Elyses sign


The Louis Vitton store

And now I must get osme rest before Brandi and Kendrae meet me tomorrow. I think I will have a baguette for breakfast, maybe get a crepe from a street vendor, we will see! Bon Soir!

No comments: