My hunt for the best gelato in Europe. On the way there should be interesting people, places, and my studies, of course.

01 May 2008

Rome to Ancona to the Adriatic Sea

Today we packed up our things, for two nights of Vacation to Croatia.
First stop: Termini train station. I haven't had fast food in a LONG time, and I wasn't planning on getting any in Italy, but I was told that the curly fries at McDonalds were amazing over here, and I was hungry. And, yes, they are amazing.

The platform to catch our train to Ancona (yes, the same Ancona we visited in the first week of class back in March)


A nun on the train, she also happened to be on our ferry as well. We pass nuns on a daily basis. I suppose its the whole papal thing in Italy, huh? I just thought it was cool that this Sister was texting people.

Lindsey, Mary and I on the train, a roughly 3 hour ride.


Welcome to Ancona!


We had a few hours before the ferry took off, and we remembered this gelato place we went to before near the harbor, and decided to stop in again.

Excited about our first 10 hour ferry ride.


We got bored waiting in Ancona, so we decided to get on and play some cards out on the deck of the ferry, and watching the sun set in the harbor.

Ciao Ancona!

Our tug boat, seeing us off into the Adriatic.

The boat left at 9pm, and was due to arrive at 7am in Croatia. So, we slept.

No comments: